Submit :
News                      Photos                     Just In                     Debate Topic                     Latest News                    Articles                    Local News                    Blog Posts                     Pictures                    Reviews                    Recipes                    
AP Janmabhoomi Initiative: A story of digital transformation
The only thing constant in life they say is change. Nothing could be truer of the times that we live in today, where disruptive technology is transforming how we live our lives and how we do business.

With the intended agenda of the Central government to push digitization and technology into everything from making payments to availing social security benefits, how ready are we to transition into and take benefit of this silent digital revolution that we are witnessing? Has every section of society managed to take benefit of the digital revolution? How inclusive are the benefits of digital transformation? These are some uncomfortable questions which need to be examined.

It is in this context, the state of Andhra Pradesh, through its AP Janmabhoomi Initiative is leading the way in addressing the problems of digital literacy and digital inclusion. In collaboration with the government of Andhra Pradesh with the support of Mr Jayaram Komati, Andhra Pradesh’s Special Representative to North America, “APJanmabhoomi” is an initiative working to take forward the vision of Hon’ble Chief Minister Mr N Chandrababu Naidu to digitize every school of Andhra Pradesh, address needs of community healthcare through development of Anganwadi centers and construct state of the art burial grounds in the state.

Under this initiative, 200 government schools in Vizag have already been digitized since the launch of the second phase of the initiative in November, 2017. The stated aim is to cover 500 more such schools by January, 2018. As a part of the initiative, in order to ensure efficacy and change, thousands of teachers are sought to be trained by an army of interns across the state on digital literacy skills necessary to inculcate teaching-learning practices based on global best practices using technology, computers & e-learning platforms. The unique feature of this initiative is that the government is covering 70 per cent of the cost while the remaining 30 per cent is being covered by various NRI’s and NRI organizations who wish to help the state develop.

Amuktha Malyada, an intern, teaching at MCPS MDL Allipuram School, Visakhapatnam posted on Twitter: “Proud to be a part in changing education system… a step towards DIGITALISED EDUCATION. I was overwhelmed by the kids’ welcome… teachers’ positive and competitive spirit among them while learning”.

Another intern, K Hemaprashant at MCHS, Malkapuram, Vizag said, “A step towards DIGITAL AP is on the cards. Enjoyed the feel of teaching experience at MCHS MALKAPURAM VIZAG. Teacher’s interest to learn really boosted me to add more and more points in teaching. Proud to be a part of this education reform”

Recently the efforts of Zilla Parishad High School (ZPHS) Cheedigummala, Visakhapatnam under the AP Janmabhoomi Initiative in Promoting Green Energy and Power Conservation has been awarded as one of the best projects nationally by the Design for Change organization, which is the largest global movement of children driving change in their own communities. Further, Mr Jayaram Komati has been felicitated by UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development at the Transforming Education Conference for Humanity held at Vishakhapatnam from December 16-18, 2017 for his efforts at promoting digital literacy in the state of Andhra Pradesh.

From the progress made so far it is amply clear that the government’s ‘AP Janmabhoomi’ campaign is helping to bring empowerment, independence, opportunity and convenience to the education system in the state. It is heavily banking on the support of youngsters on the field and various NRIs to cover the incremental funding needs for this initiative to provide training and support to the teachers and schools covered under this initiative. With efforts underway in full swing on the ground the AP Janmabhoomi Initiative truly has the potential of becoming a posterchild of how impactful, sustainable change can brought along given sustained political will and a vision to make the truly a national leader in terms of growth and development in the years to come.

Email Id
Verification Code
Email me on reply to my comment
Email me when other CJs comment on this article
Sign in to set your preference
merinews for RTI activists

Not finding what you are looking for? Search here.